The best real estate agent schooling isn’t something that takes place in a classroom. That kind of school is necessary, of course, because some of the most important work every Henderson real estate agent does have to do with being intimately familiar with the letter of current state laws and Department of Real Estate strictures.
Observing best practices—keeping on top of all the current professional guidelines and legal regulations—does form a solid foundation for building a career in the profession. But important as that is, it’s only a foundation. You have to get busy and build something on it.
As every Henderson real estate agent soon discovers, doing the kind of effective job that sets you apart begins early in the morning, and often continues long past what is quitting time in many a 9-to-5 occupation. What’s unusual about what goes on during that day is the array of specialized activities to be attended to. Just about every day, you will be energetically juggling tasks satisfying a wide range of different needs, for instance—
- Pulling and reviewing activity reports from the Henderson Multiple Listing Service
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the community yields the up-to-the-hour intelligence that’s a vital resource for sellers and buyers in our active Henderson market
- Monitoring and responding to online contacts
- Increasingly, as email and messaging become central to real estate activity, near- instantaneous response times are the norm
- Scheduling showings
- Arranging showings to accommodate both owners and buyers—and handling the inevitable last minute changes—calls for organizational perseverance (and an abidingly calm demeanor)
- Creating and executing media marketing
- Fashioning the kind of attractively worded and designed listings is only the start of the all-important media campaigning that translates into results for your clients
Simultaneously, an accomplished real estate agent often will be keeping track of closing deadline requirements, handling negotiations between buyers and sellers, facilitating communications with home loan brokers, home inspectors, photographers, staging companies and any number of other facilitators…and fielding the dozen other details that might crop up unexpectedly in the course of the day.
Being called upon to wear so many different hats is a challenge that’s not covered in the real estate licensing exams—and one that couldn’t be taught in a classroom. At the same time, I can report that at the end of a full day, it’s one of the most rewarding aspects of being a real estate agent in Henderson. When you give me a call, you can count on my bringing the whole of my energy and experience into play on your behalf!